Registration for the 2018 Door County Treasure Hunt opens May 1, 2018. The hunt will focus on the middle of the county to the Sturgeon Bay ship canal, and will be held Sept. 29, 2018.
Discover new wonders in Northern Door in a day filled with exploration and fun with friends and family! Search for treasures with your team using your clue booklet. At the end of the day, join other treasure hunters at the idyllic Sawyer Farms in Egg Harbor for an evening of food, drink, music, prizes, and a photo display of the day.
All proceeds benefit Write On, Door County programs inspiring writing and reading. writeondoorcounty.org
Prizes of $1,000, $500, and $250 will be awarded to teams with the most points. This is an untimed race – take your time traveling and exploring the beauty of Door County.
- Teams consist of five or fewer people all in one car. All ages are welcome.
- The event is limited to 50 teams.
- Your team needs a team name and the name of a team captain to register. On Sept. 29, individual members need to be identified and present to sign a risk waiver form when you pick up your clue booklet.
- Pick up your team’s booklet of clues Saturday, September 29 from 8 – 10 am at Sawyer Farms, 7590 Sunny Point Rd, Egg Harbor, WI.
- This treasure hunt will focus on the northern section of Door County (Egg Harbor across to Baileys Harbor and north to Gills Rock). The 2018 treasure hunt will focus on the southern half of the peninsula.
- Clues include a variety of puzzles, riddles, I Spy searches, scavenger hunts, team challenges, and a geocache element.
- Some clues will involve traveling to a specific place while others will allow you to select a favorite location. The event is not timed.
- Read through all the clues and plan the best route on a map for your team! Choose the challenges you feel you can best complete.
- Bring a smart phone to look up some of the answers, take pictures, and to text or email your answers.
- Your answers must be turned in via text or email along with photos by 3 pm on Saturday, Sept. 29.
- All teams return to the Sawyer Farms at 5 pm to have their books stamped and for the announcement of teams with the most points. In case of a tie for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, there will be a short trivia contest to determine the winners.
- Party at Sawyer Farms from 5 – 8 pm with food, drinks, and music. Team photos will be projected to tell the story of the day.
- Prizes will be presented at 6 pm. You must be present to win.
- Please note: If your team wishes to complete the clues related to Wisconsin State Parks and your car does not already have a Wisconsin State Park pass, your team will need to purchase a state park day pass at the park office ($8/car with WI plates, $11/car with out of state plates).
The event is limited to 50 teams.
July 5 – Sept. 11: $200/Team of up to 5 people
Sept. 12 – 25: $250/Team of up to 5 people
Sept. 26 – Sept. 29: $275/Team of up to 5 people
Mail-in Registration postmark deadline: Sept. 25
Online Registration: Closes at midnight, Sept. 28.
Day of Event Registration: Sept. 29 from 8 – 9 am at Sawyer Farms, 7590 Sunny Point Rd., Egg Harbor, WI.